UO CentrED, Forum and Source Code
UO CentrED Editor
CentrED stands for Centralized Editing. It is a Client/Server based map editor for Ultima™ Online.
The intention behind this is, that the only available GodClient is rather old and was never really supported by any server emulator (at least not that I know), but I wanted the ability for several people to work on the terrain and statics together, without having to constantly transfer their current state.
Complete serverside map. All blocks are transfered on request.
- Modify Terrain
Add, delete, move and hue Statics
- Change the altitude of Terrain and Statics
- Account management with four accesslevels (None, Viewer, Normal and Administrator)
- Restrict clients write access to specified regions (some sort of group management)
- Integrated Chat
- Client list with ability to jump to other clients position
- Virtual Layer to ease working on roofs or in black areas
- Large scale editing (move/copy, delete, draw, insert whole areas of the map)
- Easily jump to locations stored in a list or via the radar view of the whole map
- Ability to undo the last set of changes
- Preview changes before actually performing them
- Renders the map similar to the UO Client
- Shows animated tiles
- Show different light level and display light sources
- Support as many different Statics as the TileData file can hold
- Server and Client for 32bit Windows and Linux
Support is provided through the community on the Forum http://www.aksdb.de/board/
CentrED is released as Open Source Software under Sun Microsystems CDDL License.
Anyone interested can get the source code and compile or extend it as desired. https://redmine.aksdb.de/projects/centred/wiki/SourceCode
Copyright and Disclaimer UO CentrED © 2009 Andreas Schneider.