How to make a RunUO Shard
How to Make a RunUO Shard
- Time: Approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
- Operating System: Windows XP, 7, 8 or Windows Server 2003, 2003R2, 2008, 2008R2 or 2012
- .NET Framework
- CPU: See your Microsoft Windows OS requirements
- Memory: 2 Gigabytes
Getting started with RunUO is relatively easy and will take you approximately five minutes from start to finish to get logged into your server.
- We will assume that you're installing RunUO on the same machine with the Ultima Online Client.
- We will assume you already have Ultima Online installed and working.
- We will assume you've already downloaded the latest RunUO release
- We will assume you have a "power user" level of knowledge when it comes to your computer
- We will assume you've already installed the .NET framework listed above in the requirements section.
RunUO Installation Instructions:
- Extract the latest RunUO release to your desktop folder
- Open up RunUO\Scripts\Misc\Datapath.cs in notepad
- Modify your path to include the directory to which you installed Ultima Online
- Save the edits to Datapath.cs and overwrite the existing file.
- Double click "RunUO.exe" in your RunUO folder to start your shard, you will be prompted to create your "Owner" level account
- Enter in a username and password of your choosing
- Launch UORazor and point it at your local computer
At this point you should be able to log in and do whatever you'd like with your shard! This is how easy it is to have your own server with RunUO!